What is Osteopathy?
Osteopathy is a natural manual therapy which emphasises the role of the muscoskeletal system in health.
It focuses on the importance of body mechanics, and uses manipulative techniques to detect and correct, faulty structure and function.
When the body is balanced and efficient, just like a well tuned engine, it will function with the minimum of wear and tear.
To find out more, please visit the General Osteopathic council website here.
What do we treat?
We treat a wide variety of complaints- some of them are listed below:
REPETITIVE STRAIN INJURIES POSTURAL ISSUES
HIP & KNEE PAIN
TENNIS/GOLFERS ELBOW MUSCLE & LIGAMENT STRAINS
POOR BIOMECHANICS HEADACHES
We are also specialists in Frozen Shoulders under the Niel- Asher Technique.
Your Initial Consultation
Your Initial consultation
The key to successful treatment lies in careful and accurate diagnosis along with the skillful application of Osteopathic technique to treat the underlying cause of a condition.
When you visit the Osteopath for the first time, a full medical history to enable a full diagnosis will be taken, an examination performed and treatment given. The musculoskeletal assessment will be considered alongside lifestyle factors and suitable treatment plan to be determined. A complete explanation is given, along with advice, including exercise, diet and lifestyle changes to avoid the condition reoccurring.
If other treatment is indicated, referral to an appropriate specialist is discussed.
Treatment Modalities- to treat your complaint, we use a variety of techniques:
- Soft Tissue techniques.
- Deep tissue techniques.
- Neuromuscular techniques including PNF and MET.
- Myofascial Trigger point release therapy.
- Mobilisations and articulations.
- Stretching and fascial unwinding
- Western Acupuncture.
- Strapping and Tapping.
- Prescriptive orthotics.
- Prescriptive rehabilitation exercises and programmes.
- Postural and Biomechanical assessments including core and gait function with report.
- Functional Core conditioning and core stability training.
- Postural advice.
- Nutritional advice.
- Workstation/ occupational postural advice.
- Supplier of orthopedic supports and products.