We treat a wide variety of complaints- some of them are listed below:
SCIATICA : SPORTS INJURIES : REPETITIVE STRAIN INJURIES : POSTURAL ISSUES : FROZEN SHOULDERS : HIP PAIN : KNEE PAIN: FOOT PAIN : TENNIS/GOLFERS ELBOW : MUSCLE AND LIGAMENT STRAINS : BACK PAIN : NECK PAIN : SHOULDER PAIN : POOR BIOMECHANICS : HEADACHES : TENDONITIS
We are also specialists in Frozen Shoulders under the Niel- Asher Technique- further information can be found here http://www.nielasher.com/ or http://www.frozenshoulder.com/
Your Initial consultation
The key to successful treatment lies in careful and accurate diagnosis along with the skillful application of Osteopathic technique to treat the underlying cause of a condition.
When you visit the Osteopath for the first time, a full medical history to enable a full diagnosis will be taken, an examination performed and treatment given. The musculoskeletal assessment will be considered alongside lifestyle factors and suitable treatment plan to be determined. A complete explanation is given, along with advice, including exercise, diet and lifestyle changes to avoid the condition reoccurring.
If other treatment is indicated, referral to an appropriate specialist is discussed.
Treatment Modalities- to treat your complaint, we use a variety of techniques:
- Soft Tissue techniques.
- Deep tissue techniques.
- Neuromuscular techniques including PNF and MET.
- Myofascial Trigger point release therapy.
- Mobilisations and articulations.
- Stretching and fascial unwinding
- Western Acupuncture.
- Strapping and Tapping.
- Prescriptive orthotics.
- Prescriptive rehabilitation exercises and programmes.
- Postural and Biomechanical assessments including core and gait function with report.
- Functional Core conditioning and core stability training.
- Postural advice.
- Nutritional advice.
- Workstation/ occupational postural advice.
- Supplier of orthopedic supports and products.